Sunday 5 June 2011

Fashion Shoot at Rouge By Rachelle

Heya Guys, do you remember the stomp out  fashion show that I went to in April?
Now do you remember the divine collection by Rouge by Rachelle?

Well The Designer Rachelle, had invited me to come along to one of the photo shoots for her collections
  • Black in Blank
  • Modern Africa
My my MY this day busy and filled with amazing pieces and talent !


Heres what i got to ask the designer Rachelle :

Behind The Scenes: Rachelle Making
 Sure Everything Is Going Smooth

Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background?


My Name Rachelle, 19 years old, go to London College of Fashion, My parents are from Congo, but I was born here.
 





Bourgeois, CEO of RougebyRachelle



So how long have you been in the business for?
 Well, we had officially launched the label at the end of February this year !
 

Doing Hair: We see Rachelle is
a female of many talents













So tell me, what does fashion mean to you?

Fashion is Everything. I live, walk and breather fashion. Fashion adds color into our black and white lives.Without fashion I AM NOTHING !!!

How would you define your personal style?

My personal style is very Unique and has a lot of creativity. Its ROUGE :) My city's fashion is really Upbeat, especially for the woman. The style for the 'working lady' defines the elegant and chic personality of the individual which makes the mature lady inspirational to other women
 

Model : Sandra Aji
Who are some of your favourite designers?
I have many but my favorite designer is ... Chanel.


How would you define your city's fashion?

My city's fashion is really Upbeat, especially for the woman. The style for the 'working lady' defines the elegant and chic personality of the individual which makes the mature lady inspirational to other women


When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer?


At the age 12. I was also into hair and make-up but eventually i knew that my career life had to involve  Something thank would either link to fashion or IS fashion.

 Where do you get your inspiration?

Hau-Wang , modelling
in the Black to Blank


Culture had inspired the majority of my work (modern Africa). I like that fact that I can link African material with contemporary styles which caters for every woman no matter their skin colour. I have used Congolese and Scottish prints in my designs.  Also, fashion around London had inspired me to create a collection for the 'city girl' (Black in Blank). But i mostly get my inspiration from anywhere, it could be from a trip that i go on to a simple pattern which eventually turns into a collection :)




Sandra Aji awaiting to
 show off ... Modern Africa

On Set
 
A Side View Of
Modern Africa
What do you believe makes a quality article of clothing?

I believe that it all depends on the type of detail and effort that is put into the piece of work along with the cut and the person itself. If there is a lot of detail and hard work put in a a sketch to show off a person's style, then the hard work and effort is shown when the sketch comes to life.



From this, guys you know Rouge by Rachelle is really the 'ish right now !!! Everything she believes is PUT into her work, and look at the fabulous results !!!!


To see more of their work, watch out for the next few events featuring their designs and follow them on twitter/facebook !!!


Events

'Rokka Sheek' on 11th June in Croydon
'Congo's Independence fashion show' 12th June
'Congo's Independence pageant' 1st July

Their Blog -www.rougebyrachelle.blogspot.com
Their Twitter- @rougebyrachelle

Get Following Guys 
;)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Olivia-Zara. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig