Thursday 30 March 2017

Longer days and warmer nights

Happy Spring! I just thought I’d share a really cute OOTD fit from Mother’s Day. In the UK, we celebrate on the last Sunday of the month of March.

 So spring has come and I have tilted my head over to the Zara mid-season sale site, haven’t purchased anything as of yet, but that silk flower print kimono that Shirley posted sometime this month got me thinking lol. For this transitional period though, blush pinks, creams and nudes along with a cool denim (yay for tucking the dark denim back into the winter file to not be seen until September!) are my go to palette for me.
Sleeveless turtleneck top - REISS
Jeans - TOPSHOP (JONI)
Shoes - CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN So Kate
What go to colours are hiding in your palette ?

 Also during this past weekend, I attended my first wedding of 2017. I haven’t been to a wedding in 2 years! The occasion was so beautiful and intimate, a first for me. Imagine, I had around 2 weeks to actually find an outfit for the occasion and seeing as I’m so conscious of my body, can you just imagine the slight panic going through my head?

Shout-out to my home girl Bernie! She hooked me up with her aunt from Fantascreation whose designs have featured on many cool Ankara / kente bespoke tailoring Instagram pages including bellanaijaweddings and idoghana! Within 2 weeks (more like 5 days) me, a Caribbean, learnt a thing or two about buying lace material and how to differentiate kente (it was low-key a headache lol).  But I loved my outfit!

Bespoke dress - Fantas Creation
Shoes - Christian Louboutin So Kate


A satin-rose off shouldered high-low dress with gold lace applique and orange beading.
And the slay for the weekend:
  

Sunday and Saturday

This is like my go-to basic necessities whenever I'm pulling out a look ;)
Foundation: A mixture of Dior So Nude and YSL -Concealer: LA Girl set with Sacha Banana Powder
Setting Powder: Mac Mineralizer -Bronzer: The Body Shop
Highlighter: MUA at Superdrug -Eyebrows: Sleek eyebrow kit
Eyeshadow: Morphe 360 palette with Barry M loose glitter in Rose Gold -Eyelashes: Liza Lush
Lips: NYX chestnut eyeliner with Tom Ford Nude


x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Olivia-Zara. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig