Tuesday 23 September 2014

Summertime Sadness

Where did summer go this 2014?

Fortunately, I spent this summer in New York. For work and some pleasure hehe ^_^. To end my second year at university, I had to partake in a 6-week long internship at a public relations firm/ agency or brand. I remember starting my course and just discussing with my peers about where our ideal internships would be, and within the blink of an eye, it was October 2013, and I had to really start thinking. I've always been a person that likes to put my energy in one thing at a time but then I end up spreading myself very thin, however I was determined to apply and work for Karla Otto in New York.

I've had a few months of experience within the UK; I had an awesome time working at River Island last summer and every season I embark on a face-paced journey behind the scenes as a fashion week assistant with brands like Bora Aksu and Mark Fast, so I thought that I would have a change of scenery. Mind you, this took up a load of my time, I had to get another job (explains my lack of blogging and disappearance from social media) and save save SAVE! I have an unhealthy habit of buying clothing for kids, for all who know me, I have 2 nieces and nephews, 1 godson and was blessed with a beautiful goddaughter this year ! Baby clothes as well as just spending on 'my' kids is like a guilty pleasure lol.

So yeah - I applied in January, received the good news in February and was off by May this year to spend 4 months interning at Karla Otto in New York !  


Feel free to drop any questions in the comment box about my time during my 4 month long internship and Karla Otto, as well as my opinion on making a decision to intern abroad instead of just alone in London, and for pictures - they will be filtering little by little. Theres more personal than public which I've taken so please bear with me

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Olivia-Zara. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig