Wednesday 21 June 2017

From Selfie to Self-Expression

As a child/student of fine art and criticising art for majority of my student life, I never aligned classical portraits with characteristics like vanity. Comparing to classical portraits dating back from the late 1400s with today's "selfie" with technology, you can clear see that the denomination of self-control takes place as clearly now as back then !

It's amazing how traditional method's within practicing art is still used in modern society but through different mediums. I did not do any research before entering the exhibition so I was pleased to see a wide range from my traditional favourites like Van Gogh, Cézanne and Frida Kahlo.


I encourage you all to visit (Ending July 23) and experience a rich exploration of the journey of self- portraiture.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Olivia-Zara. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig